Who should visit our clinic and for what conditions?
Colorectal aspect of surgery especially deals with the diseases of large intestine, (Colon and Rectum) and Anus.
Dr. Nitish Jhawar, Proctologist and head colorectal Surgeon at Fortis Hiranandani hospital Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Neoalta Specialty clinic, Vashi and Zen Multispecialty hospital, chembur, Mumbai has vast knowledge and more than 17 years of experience. His extensive training for advance treatment of colorectal conditions at India, Austria, Germany and US have paved the way for higher success rates and less complications related to the broad range of surgical interventions.
Signs and symptoms
- Abdominal pain especially lower abdomen
- Anal area Pain/ Pain with stools
- Anal itching/burning
- Belching, bloating, heart-burn, food intolerance
- Bleeding with stools
- Change in bowel habit (Constipation or Diarrhea)
- Pus from anal area Piles
- Anal fistula
- Anal fissure
- Crohn’s disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Family history of bowel cancer or polyps
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Pilonidal sinus
Our core modalities of diagnosis
- Sigmoidoscopy (rigid/flexible)
- Barium meal studies
- Anal Manometry- Indicated in patients with constipation and fecal incontinence
- MR Defecography
Fortis Hospital is the first and only one hospital with this machine in Navi Mumbai.
All these procedures are now performed to make a precise diagnosis to carry out required surgical interventions depending on patient-focused requirements.
Major surgical treatments we offer:-
Treatment for Fistula:
- Fistulotomy, Fistulectomy
- Seton placement followed by definitive surgical repair of fistula along with advancement flaps
- Anal fistula plug
- Fistula LASER Closure (FiLaC)
- VAAFT– The latest endoscopic surgical therapy to treat anal fistula
Treatment of Fissure:
- Neurotoxin -Botox Injection
- Lateral sphinterotomy
- Anoderm or rectal advancement flaps
Treatment of Piles:
- DGHAL- Doppler Guided Hemorrhoid Artery Ligation (DGHAL), is a modern, painless intervention to treat hemorrhoids.
- Painless piles surgery (MIPH)- A minimally invasive surgical technique in which a band of loose or weakened prolapsed mucosa and sub mucosa is excised in the rectum, proximal to the hemorrhoidal tissue and fixation of disrupted mucosa is fixed by the procedure known as ‘stapled end to end mucosal anastomosis’.
- LASER for Piles
Treatment of Pilonidal Sinus:
- Rhomboid flap
- Bascom technique
- Limberg and Karydakis flap
Treatment of constipation:
- Surgery including STARR for ODS
Treatment for Incontinence:
- Repairing or replacement of the sphincter muscles
- Sacral and tibial nerve stimulation
- Artificial anal sphincter implantation
All these latest and world-class surgical interventions are now available at colorectal surgery department at Fortis Hiranandani hospital Vashi, Navi Mumbai and Neoalta clinic, Vashi under the specialized medical care and surgical guidance of Dr. Nitish Jhawar.