Dr. Nitish Jhawar
- Best General, laparoscopic surgeon, colorectal surgeon and hernia specialist in Mumbai, India with 17 years extensive experience.
- Head of the one stop colorectal clinic at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
- Dr Jhawar has advance fellowships in Minimal Access Surgery, laparoscopic Surgery and Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery.
- S2S visitation program: Hernia Surgery from Boston University School of Medicine
- Fellowship of Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India (FACRSI) along with Fellowship in colorectal surgeries from USA.
- Advance training in proctology and Piles treatment (DGHAL) from Austria.
- He specializes in constipation treatment including manometry and Constipation Surgery-STARR for ODS
- He has undergone training in sphincter saving treatment of Fistula- video assisted endoscopic treatment VAAFT from Dr. Monreio from Berlin, Germany, the inventor of the technique.
- Attended TAMIS Hands on workshop in Berlin, Germany.
- Training in EPSIT (Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus treatment) from Berlin, Germany.
- He is expert in LASER treatment for Piles, Fistula, Fissure, pilonidal sinus and varicose veins.
- He has done more than 8000 surgeries so far.
|Fortis Hiranadani Hospital||Sector 10 A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai||10 am-12 noon, |
6 pm-8 pm (Mon-Sat)
|Neoalta specialty clinic||sector 17, Vashi , Navi Mumbai||9:30 am -10:30 am8 pm -10 pm (Mon-Sat)|
|Zen Multi Specialty Hospital||Chembur (East), Mumbai||1 pm-2 pm (Tuesday)|
- Area of Expertise
- Presentation & Publication
- Laparoscopic Appendix Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Surgery
- Laparoscopic &Open Hernia repair (TEP, TAPP, IPOM)
- Laparoscopic Hiatus Hernia repair and surgery for GERD (Fundoplication)
- Piles painless DGHAL / Stapler (MIPH) and LASER.
- Constipation management and STARR surgery – ODS
- Fissure and Fistula in ano
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
Other General Surgeries
- Breast Lump
- Thyroid Nodule
- Varicose Veins-LASER
- Diabetic Foot treatment
- All Types of Hernia including Inguinal, Incisional
- Simple & Complex hernia repair specialist
- Recurrent Hernia, very Large Hernia repair
- Hernia in Obese Patient
- Awarded Travelling Fellowship by Association of Colorectal Surgeon of India to visit St. Francis Hospital Hartford Connecticut. 2015.
- Organized workshop on Colorectal Update Series under aegis of Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India in Feb 2010 at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
- Received BEST PAPER AWARD for “Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair” at 4th International Congress of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India held at Grand Hyatt Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, On 30th Aug 2009.
- Association Of Surgeons Of India (ASI)
- Association Of Minimal Access Surgeon Of India(AMASI)
- Association Of Colorectal Surgeons Of India(ACRSI)
- Indian Association Of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeon(IAGES)
- Navi-Mumbai Surgical Society (NMSS)
- Nitish Jhawar has completed his M.S. in general surgery from M.G.M. Medical College, Indore in 2000.
- FMAS- Fellow Minimal Access Surgeon in year 2011
- FIAGES- Fellow Indian Association Of G.I surgeons in year 2012
- FALS-SILS-Fellow Advance Laparoscopic Surgery-Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery in year 2012
- FACRSI-Fello Association of Colo Rectal Surgeons Of India in year -2014
- Advance colorectal fellowship USA in year 2015
- S2S visitation program: Hernia Surgery from Boston University School of Medicine on 21st 2015.
- Simulated training program on Proximate Staplers including Hands on training at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education Mumbai India. June, 2001
- Worked in Cancer surgery Department of Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Centre Mumbai (Oct. 2001 to June.2002) Hands on workshop on ‘Basic Surgical Skill development Training Course’ at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education Mumbai India. Sept. 2002.
- “Hands on workshop of Minimal Access Aesthetic Surgery”, Mumbai, Nov., 2002.
- Worked in General, Gastro-Intestinal & Laparoscopic Surgery Department of Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Centre Mumbai (July 2002 to Jan 2003).
- Hands on Basic Laparoscopic Surgery Course for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy & Approach to Appendix at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education Mumbai India. Feb, 2003.
- ‘Minimal Access Surgery’ training course at Sir Gangaram Hospital Delhi with Padmashree Dr. Pradeep Chowbey May- June 2006.
- Simulated training program on MIPH Masters Program (for Haemorrhoids) at ETHICON ENDOSURGERY Mumbai on 17th Feb 2007.
- Simulated training program on “Laparoscopic Solid Organ surgery” at Ethicon Endosurgery, 2009
- Advance Instructional course in Colo-Proctolgy at Goa on 23rd Sept -27th Sept 2009
- Attended Surgical Training course on HAL – RAR Procedure (Haemorrhoidal Artery Ligation & Recto Anal Repair) 29th December 2009 at Ratandeep Surgical Hospital & Endoscopy Clinic , Ahmadabad,India.
- Participated in International Conference COLOPROCTOLOGY- 2011 Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur 3rd – 5th March 2011
- Participated in the “Basic Luminal Endoscopy Live Course and Hands On Endoscopy Programme organized by Endoscopy Asia and Conducted at EISE, Mumbai , India on 9th& 10th June 2012
- Attended PSG SURGICON-2014 Lap Colorectal Workshop (Surgeon Prof Joel Leroy ) on 18,19&20th July 2014organized by Department of General & G I Surgery, PSG IMSR Coimbatore , India
- Attended “Professional Affair & Clinical Education (PACE) Bariatric Programme” on 4-5th August 2014. Dr. Pradeep Chowbey Max Healthcare Saket , New Delhi , India
- Attended AMASICON held in Mumbai Nov. 2015.
- Presented laparoscopic ventral rectopexy at APELS (Asia Pacific Endo-Lap Surgery) Group at Bangkok, Thailand in March 2017
- Delivered lecture on laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery as part of laparoscopic hernia surgery workshop at Zen Multi Specialty Hospital, Chembur, Mumbai in March 2017.
- Demonstrated live surgery DGHAL for piles treatment by advanced third generation triology equipment in colorectal meeting in Feb 2017 organized by zen and attended by 600 surgeons from all over India
- One of the panellist along with topmost best colorectal surgeons of Mumbai, India and Poland in an interactive panel discussion organized by Zen Multi Speciality hospital, Chembur, Mumbai on “Latest Treatment of Haemorrhoids.
- Speaker for experience and expertise on “Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernia – Anti-reflux Surgery ” and ” Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Surgery ” at Nairobi Kenya in the 2016 at East Africa Medical Summit.
- Delivered lecture on 13th Dec 2015 on “Thinking beyond Piles – Constipation & Obstructive Defecation Syndrome” at D. Y Patil Hospital, Nerul, Navi Mumbai – talk organized by Indian Association of Occupational Health.
- Delivered lecture and shared his experience on ODS (a type of constipation), Anal Manometry & LASER Treatment for Ano-rectal disorders and anorectal health at CME organized by IMA, Navi Mumbai in sept 2016
- Delivered lecture at Kolhapur Surgical Society, organized by Zen Multispecialty hospital, Chembur, Mumbai on “Stapler Hemorrhoidectomy and Minimally Invasive Treatment for Complex Fistula (LIFT)” in July 2016
- Guest Speaker at International conference by International society of Coloproctology held at Jaipur in April 2016 on “Stapler Complications in Colorectal surgery – Piles-Stapler MIPH and constipation-STARR
- Delivered lecture on “Management of abdominal pain” in NMDOC on 2015
- Delivered Lecture on “STARR & ODS in Indian Medical Association, Chembur” on 25th May 2014in Chembur, Mumbai
- Presented a Video on “Foramen of Winslow Hernia: Rare Laparoscopic Approach“.
- MASICON 2012, 26th -29th January 2012.
- Presented a Poster on “Case Series – Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery“, MASICON 2012, 26th – 29th January, Hotel Marriott, Pune, Maharashtra.
- Presented a paper on (STARR) “Stapled Trans Anal Rectal Resection Procedures” for Obstructive Defecation Syndrome at MASICON 2010 at Sholapur
- Presented a paper on “Defecography” at MASICON 2010 at Sholapur
- Published unusual case ” Boerhaave’s Syndrome: Thoraco-Laparoscopic Approach” in Journal of Minimal Access Surg.2010;6:76-9
- Presented a paper on “Series Of Diaphragmatic Hernia Cases Repaired Laparoscopically” at MASICON 2009(30th jan-1st Feb), held at Aurangabad, on 31st Jan, 2009.
- Received BEST PAPER AWARD for “Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair” at 4th International Congress of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India held at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, on 21st-24th May 2009
- Chaired scientific session on ‘Management Of Tracheobronchial Stenosis’ at Bronchoscopy CME, Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, on 30th Aug 2009.
- Presented Poster at Annual Conference of Indian Occupational Health Raigad- Navi-Mumbai on “Pseudotumour Bronchus Presenting as Collapse Lung” Case Report & Review of literature Nov. 23rd 2003