Top Hernia Specialist at Navi Mumbai , India
Dr Nitish Jhawar Senior Hernia Specialist is expert at Fortis Hiranadani Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai for all types of simple and complex Hernia including recurrent Hernia. He has performed thousands of Tension Free Laparoscopic (key Hole) Hernia Repair with use of best quality mesh to maximize success rate, rapid recovery and quick return to work.
Open Vs Laparoscopic Surgery
Limitations of open hernia surgery namely long period of rest (average 6 weeks) and chance of hernia coming back (recurrent hernia) led to rapid popularity of Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery all over the world and in India. Laparoscopic hernia repair means less pain, less hospital stay, faster recovery and less chances of recurrence.
Is surgery must for Treatment of Hernia?
Surgery is the only treatment option for Hernia. It is better to undergo surgery before symptoms worsen or before complication starts. The possible complications include obstruction or strangulation which may be life threatening. Best Docotr for Hernia surgry in Mumbai
Hernia Surgery cost in Mumbai
Cost of Laparoscopic Hernia surgery by best doctor for Hernia Surgery in Navi Mumbai is around 80,000/ to 1, 00,000/- excluding mesh and tracker (Used to fix the mesh) charges.
Navi Mumbai is rapidly advancing in medical care and our best Laparoscopic Hernia Specialist Surgeons are offering best services at reasonable cost.
What are the Benefits of Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
- Small incisions
- Less post-operative pain
- Earlier return to work
- Shorter hospital stay
- Positioning of the mesh on the inside of the defect is mechanically better than when placed on the outside as in the non-keyhole operation
- Recurrent hernias are much easier as approached from the inside
- Hernias on both sides can be repaired through the same three holes as opposed to open surgery where separate incision is to be given on other side
Types Of repair For Inguinal/Umblical/Incisional Hernia
- Simple Tension Free proelne mesh repair of Hernia (Leichenstein’s Hernia Repair )
A Polypropylene mesh is used to seal the defect.
- Laparoscopic Repair Transabdominal preperitoneal hernioplasty (TAPP) a mesh is placed inside the abdominal wall whereas totally extraperitoneal mesh repair (TEP) is done extraperitoneally.
These are technically much more demanding procedures and should be performed by an experienced Hernia Specialist.
- 3-D Mesh Hernia Repair most advanced method of hernia repair and it covers the hernia defect from 3 sides- above, below and centre. It is a tension-free repair in which a Polypropylene mesh is used.
- Complex Hernia Repair with Abdominal wall Reconstruction: multiple previous failed hernia repairs, for very large hernia, advanced hernia repair techniques may be required along with reconstruction of the abdominal wall and then reinforcement with mesh.
How Laparoscopic Hernia Operation is Done?
- Tiny incisions are placed on the abdomen.
- The abdomen is inflated with harmless gas (carbon di oxide) to create space to operate. The laparoscope with attached camera and special long instruments are inserted through these incisions.
- Surgeon performs the procedure watching high resolution images of the patient’s abdomen on the monitor.
- Hernia contents are pulled back in rather than pushed in from outside as is done in an ‘open’ operation and defect repaired with mesh from inside.
- Following the procedure, the small abdominal incisions are closed with a stitch or two or surgical tap or glue can be applied.
What to Expect After Hernia Surgery?
- Once patient is awake walk is encouraged
- Routine activities like car driving can be resumed one week after keyhole repair and 2 weeks after open repair
- Bath can be taken daily if advised
- Avoid bending forward frequently
- Avoid strenuous work and lifting weight over 5kg, for 2 months
- Normal diet and plenty of liquids are advised. Avoid diet which may cause cough and cold.
- Slight pain may be experienced during the first 24 to 48 hours. Painkillers are prescribed for first 2 days
Hospital Stay & Rest:
- Most patient may go home same day of the surgery (day care surgery)
- Normal rest at home for 2-3 days, you may go back to work within few days after laparoscopic surgery repair.
- Heavy weight lifting is to be avoided for approx. 2 weeks after Laparoscopic Hernia repair.
- Some swelling around incision and bluish discoloration is normal in groin hernias, which can be up to scrotum
Preoperative Preparation for Hernia Surgery:
- Blood investigations, chest x-ray, ECG and medical evaluation for fitness for anaesthesia.
- Eating or drinking and smoking are stopped 6 hours prior to operation.
- Drugs such as aspirin, blood thinners, anti-inflammatory medications and Vitamin E are to be stopped a week prior to surgery.
Types Of Hernia
Hernia is a bulge in the abdomen due to protrusion of contents of the abdomen through a normal or abnormal opening.
Types of Hernia
- Inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Incisional hernia
- Femoral hernia
- Epigastric Hernia
- Hiatus Hernia
- Strangulated Hernia
- Obstructed Hernia
- Complex Hernia
- Recurrent Hernia